Prof. Victoire de Margerie announces the Awards of the 2019 WMF Start Up Challenge
Following the jury meeting on April 5th and the nomination of 18 Start Ups on April 15th, the Grand Prix and the other 2 Awards were finally announced during the Gala Dinner on June 13th.
Prof. Victoire de Margerie, Jury Chairman states : "The 3 Awards went legitimately to 3 start ups that fitted the best with the WMF objective of decoupling materials consumption from sustainable growth while creating value for all involved stakeholders. Or in other words to these that could best demonstrate their impact in Using Materials Smarter, Less & Longer"
The « COUP DE CŒUR AWARD » was awarded to Marescotti Ruspoli, CEO of AERONAUTICAL SERVICES (Italy) by Bernard Pinatel and Edith Coune, members of the jury.
- Christophe Cabarry, CEO Special Chem (France)
- Edith Coune, COO Innovation Fund (Belgium)
- Prof. Reinhold Dauskardt, Stanford University (USA)
- Joe De Simone, CEO & Co Founder Carbon 3D (USA)
- Gervais Jacques, COO Rio Tinto Aluminium (Canada)
- Prof. Stéphane Mangin, Institut Jean Lamour (France)
- Prof. Victoire de Margerie, Vice Chairman World Materials Forum (France) - Chairman
- Tony O’Neill, Group Technical Director Anglo American (UK/Australia)
- Bernard Pinatel, President Refining and Chemicals Total (France)
- Matt Price, MD Cyclotron Road Berkeley (USA)
- Sophie Zurquiyah, CEO CGG (France)